The EAD / CFAH / CFAX 30 Day Paleo Challenge is back by popular demand. More than 100 people joined us for the January – February challenge, and we’d love to see at least that many athletes on board for the July 5 – August 3 challenge.
Challenge participants agree to build their plates around nutrient-dense veggies, protein (pasture-raised, grass-fed preferred) healthy fats & oils, and a bit of fruit. They also agree to leave behind sugar of any kind (including sugar alcohols and artificial sweeteners), processed foods, grains, dairy, legumes and less desirable fats & oils. For those of you who 80 / 20 Paleo, the 30 Paleo Challenge is a commitment; there will be no “variety” (aka, cheat) days. Participants are encouraged to stick to the “Encouraged” and “Food to Avoid” list scrupulously for the duration of the challenge to gain optimum results.
The EAD / CFAH / CFAX 30 Day Paleo Challenge is inspired by the work of Dr. Loren Cordain, with generous support from Robb Wolf and Whole9. We have all the materials you’ll need to get started … just drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request your set.
If you’re hungry for more information, you might want to check out:
- An Interview with Dr. Cordain (the academic who is the world’s leading expert on Paleolithic diets … this is the guy who brought Paleo into the spotlight decades ago.
- What Is The Paleo Diet?
- Robb Wolf’s Paleo Shopping List.
- A list of Paleo resources created for EAD / CFAH / CFAX by the Arlington Heights Public Library.
- And, be sure to check out — and contribute to – the EAD Test Kitchen, for Paleo recipes created, adapted and taste-tested by our athletes.
Ready to get started? Here’s what you need to do:
- Request & review the EAD / CFAH / CFAX 30 Day Paleo Challenge Resource Kit. Email email@example.com to request your kit.
- Complete the Challenge Self Assessment
- Take “Before” photos — front, rear & profile (you don’t need to share … but you won’t believe how many times people say to me “Gee, I wish I would’ve had a picture of what I looked like before I made this change.”)
- Purge your pantry of all non-Paleo foods
- Shop and fill your ‘fridge & pantry with Paleo-preferred foods
- Plan your menu
- Reconcile that the traditional American breakfast is basically crap. Plan how you’ll start your day without eating a bagel, granola, waffles, etc., or drinking a large glass of OJ or spooning sugar in your coffee or tea
- Tell anyone & everyone you live with and / or share a meal with what you plan to do. Ask for their support.
- Get all your questions answered …we’re happy to help.
- Stay connected to EAD / CFAH / CFAX 30 Day Paleo Challenge participants … we’re in this together!
- Believe that you can do anything for 30 days … truly. Honest. Just get organized and go